Monday, March 19, 2012

Ranch Dressing

We are pretty addicted to this stuff.  When I was pregnant with Bennett we started going through bottles of ranch dressing like nobody's business.  We almost never eat salad, but we put ranch dressing on everything. Have you ever looked at the ingredients?  First of all there are tons of them and sugar is only third on the list.  I'm a bit on the hypoglycemic side so I need to limit my sugar and it really bugs me when something that is not even sweet uses up my sugar quota.  There is also MSG and a bunch of ingredients I can't say.  Since this is hardly 'real food' there is no longer a place for bottled ranch dressing in our home.  This is not as sad as it seems because I have finally found a recipe I love.


'Real Food' Ranch


homemade sour cream
onion flakes
parsley flakes
dill
salt
apple cider vinegar

No measuring, just throw it all together until it tastes good, add yogurt or kefir to make it a bit more like dressing.


this post was shared at domestically divine tuesdays, Real Food Wednesdays and healthy 2day Wednesdays.

2 comments:

  1. I have been on a homemade dressing kick now and I would love to make homemade ranch. I love how simple your recipe is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! We don't do dairy, but I'm planning to make cashew sour cream later this week. If I can keep some aside, I'm going to give this a try with that as a sub for the dairy sour cream. Can't wait to try it!

    P.S. - Feel free to link this, and/or another food-related post up with me on Culinary Wanderings, too ;)

    ReplyDelete