Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Well, At least I loved the soup.

As promised yesterday,  here is the recipe for the soup I made with my coconut milk.
I found it very delicious, however,  the little boys, not so much.

Curry Vegetable and Rice Soup.
3 cups chopped veggies (I used broccoli, red pepper, and carrots)
2 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup brown rice
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of coconut milk.

1.  Combine everything except the coconut milk in medium saucepan.  Cover, and bring to boil over high heat.  Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes until rice is done.
2.  Add coconut milk and heat.
3.  Blend with immersion blender.

Absolutely delicious I thought and so did Alex.  The boys left their bowls full.


With the rest of the coconut milk I made  GREEN SMOOTHIES!
I've been wanting to try these for a long time,  but haven't had the guts,  anything with the main ingredient being spinach I have to think twice about.  There is not an exact science to these, so I'll just list what I put in mine.

Banana
Apple
Carrot, grated
Spinach
Coconut milk
Yogurt

YUMMY!!!  I made myself another one today,  and I might have tomorrow too.  These are wonderful,  the coconut milk gave a really nice flavour too.

1 comment:

  1. Our girls aren't the hugest fans of coconut milk things... it goes through their bodies a little fast :)

    ReplyDelete