Monday, January 9, 2012

I WANT TO SHOUT IT OUT LOUD

Shout it from the roof tops!!!  I found a cure for cradle cap.  Anybody else excited?
      All of our kids have had terrible cradle cap that doesn't go away.  We've been at a loss for what to do.  We of course don't want to use harsh shampoos on their little heads.  And so, we would just comb their hair after every bath and the cradle cap would flake a bit but never come off.
      So,  the magic cure is COCONUT OIL.  It takes a bit of time,  but the rewards are great.  Rub coconut oil on your little ones head about an hour or two before bath time.  Let them run around with the greasy mess,  just try not to let them snuggle into your shirt.  Then at bath time,  comb their hair and shampoo as normal.   You'll probably need to do this 4 or 5 nights in a row.  Then all your cradle cap worries will be gone.
DISCLAIMER; The word "cure" may be a bit misleading,  I can't guarantee that the cradle cap won't return.  However,  we did this about two months ago and we're still good.
Also,  apparently this works for dandruff as well,  so get rid of your head and shoulders.
Now, go tell all your friends.


this post was shared at Things I love Thursday at thediaperdiaries.net and Works for Wednesdays at wearethatfamily.com

2 comments:

  1. I could've used this cure four years ago!
    When Ez was a babe, I picked at her cradle cap in an attempt to get rid of it. When I was done, the top of her head was bald and she looked like George Costanza. Shrug.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember this with my next baby! My little guy had mild cradle cap for a while and it went away on it's own.... but I'm going to try to get hubby to do this on himself. Wish me luck. :P

    ReplyDelete